Being in a band can provide you with adoring fans, a fat bank account, fame, power and supermodels. Who wouldn’t want to live the rockstar life? In celebration of the .band top level domain, we review what it takes to live the rockstar life.
Available now for registration is the greatest thing since the double bass pedal. Introducing the generic top level domain .band! Perfect to add the end of any web address looking to give their band a boost. From ThisIsOur.band to StretchTheRubber.Band, this domain is perfect for any age group and social sector to create the online presence that their band needs.
Register yours now at Midphase.com!
Along with your new band domain, you will need a little wisdom because being in a band isn’t always easy. There are many complex micro-dramas that can tear the music apart. But, if you can get through the rough spots the results more than make up for the hard times. Along with the money and the fame, you have a life-long relationship with a group of individuals that you’ve shared your dreams and passions with.
How to create a great band:
- Find band members, preferably some who know how to play an instrument.
- Write some songs or find some old favorites that you can copy until you learn more. Anything like “Stairway to Heaven” and “Smoke on the Water” will do.
- Set up a website or some online location for your soon-to-be groupies to meet each other.
- Agree with other band members on just about everything including but not limited to: songs, venue, genre, politics, religion, girlfriends, and most importantly preferred food and beverages.
- Practice! No but really, you have to practice a lot.
- Book gigs. And no, garages and your own family’s reunion do not count.
- Make a demo. It doesn’t have to be perfect but should be somewhat rhythmic and on key.
- Get a record deal, any record deal: you can’t be picky at this stage.
- Repeat steps 4-7.
Sounds easy right? Well, I’m not so sure it is even though many great bands certainly make it look easy. But if we wanted to know for sure exactly what it takes to be a successful band, we could definitely consult the top ten bands of all time according to The Rolling Stone:
- The Who
- The Clash
- The Ramones
- The Velvet Underground
- Led Zeppelin
- The Beach Boys
- The Rolling Stones
- The Beatles
There must be a formula for creating the perfect band. So, we tried to take note of traits that the abovementioned bands have in common and here are a few that we have noticed:
I told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer – Keith Moon
- You must have a great drummer.
Every great band has a great drummer. From John Bonham to Ringo Starr, each drummer has a quality that has pushed their band to the top.
You can’t arrest me, I’m a rockstar – Sid Vicious
- Be professional and patient.
We know the behind-the-scenes dramas of smashed hotel rooms and stolen cars. They might make great stories but might not make your mother too happy.
The more I see, the less I know – John Lennon
- Practice humility.
Once you’ve made it to the top it is important to remember where you came from. Great power can corrupt even the strongest rockers (think Star Wars, it’s not good).
So what are you waiting for? Those gold records are yours for the taking and the best way to start is with a .band web address from Midphase. Do you have a band you would like us to showcase? Let us know @Midphase. The show must go on!
Get your own .band at Midphase.com for only 23.99 per year!
This article was brought to you by Midphase, for shared hosting, cloud servers and 24/7 support visit our site here www.midphase.com