This article contains information about password protecting a folder.
Using your Midphase control panel, you have the ability to password protect a folder within your website. You can create as many logins as needed for a protected folder.
Follow these steps to create a password protected file:
- Login to your Control Panel (www.domain.com/cpanel)
- Under "Advanced Tools", click on "Password Protect Directories"
- This will bring up a list of all directories in your public_html or www folder.
- To password protect a directory, click on the directory NAME. To open a directory (to view sub-directories) click on the FOLDER ICON to the left of the name.
- Once you have clicked on a folder name, you'll be presented with a configuration panel. First, check the box labeled "Directory Requires a password....". Next, Enter a protected resource name in the field (this is just what is displayed to the user when they try to access this directory). Lastly, click "Save"
- Next, you need to add users. Enter a username and password in the fields, then click "Add/Modify Authorized User".
You'll see a list of "Active Users", form which you can delete or change passwords for if needed.
#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page))