The “Users” section within WordPress allows you to create individual logins for anyone who edits, writes or designs your WordPress website. This article was written as a guide to show you how to manage users on your WordPress Premium Hosting Package.
Click on the WordPress tab in CHI, as seen in the thumbnail below.
2. Click on the domain associated with your WordPress account.
3. Click the button that reads “Go To WordPress Admin Area”.
5. Once in the WordPress Admin area, click on the “Users” tab. Then click the “All Users” button.
From the Users section, click on the “Add New” button which can be found at the top of your screen.
2. Fill in all required fields including Username, Email, First Name and Last Name.
3. Generate a password for the new user by clicking the “Show Password” button.
4. Tick the box next to “Send the new user an email about their account” to automatically send all important user information to whomever you created an account for.
5. Select a role for the user. If you are unsure what each role entails, below you will find a detailed explanation of each available role in WordPress:
Subscriber: The basic user type. This user can change their own account information and leave comments.
Editor: This role can manage, edit, publish and unpublish posts.
Author: This user role can write and publish their own posts.
Contributor: This user can write posts, but cannot publish them. Posts will instead be submitted for review.
6. Click “Add New User” to save all changes.
You can also edit/delete users in WordPress. Simply hover over their username with the mouse to see the options.
2. If you select “Edit” you will be taken to a page containing account information. You can change that user’s color scheme, password or WordPress role within the edit section.
3. When you’ve finished editing the material, click “Update User”.
If you have any questions about this or any other task please visit the WordPress help forum, or contact our support staff by opening a chat or creating a ticket.