Chances are you don’t have a great deal of free time at work. In fact, reading this blog might be the closest you come to relaxation during weekdays. So rather than adding the burden of managing company web servers to your weekly to-do list, why not outsource it to a specialist provider, who can take care of all your company’s hosting and IT needs?
There are plenty of reasons to specify managed servers, including the following:
- Affordability. Buying and maintaining a private server quickly becomes an expensive affair, especially given the temptation to future-proof by investing in more capacity than you’ll ever need. Paying only for what’s used is beneficial for any company, especially at the start-up stage when every dollar of expenditure has to be justified.
- Practicality. If you have an IT department, outsourcing server management and maintenance allows your staff to focus on essential areas such as software installation or hardware upgrades. And if you don’t have an IT department, there’s less need for one if IT is being governed by external specialists. There’s no obligation to add ‘server guru’ to your list of self-taught skills, or pay experts to remain on standby in case of emergencies.
- Security. With 40 per cent of data breaches affecting SMBs, and the internet awash with malware, security is a key benefit of a managed server. Enterprise-grade protection like managed firewalls can prevent DDoS attacks that force sites offline, while networks are monitored in real time for new threats. The data centers which accommodate servers are staffed by accredited professionals who can be contacted day or night, and who proactively respond to new threats and viruses. Only authorized personnel can access these facilities, and the servers they contain.
- Speed. Whenever data is sent or received online, it travels through various nodes that add a fractional delay to response times. Known as latency, this affects everything from customer retention rates to SEO rankings. Midphase has data centers around the world, minimizing the time it takes to supply content even during spikes in traffic. Extra capacity is always available if required.
- Reliability. Even a brief outage could harm your bottom line if people are unable to view customer-facing websites or get in touch at that specific moment. Managed server hosts like Midphase offer 99.9 per cent service level agreements, ensuring downtime or brownouts won’t affect your business. We utilize the latest and best industry hardware such as uninterruptible power supplies and redundancy, automating data backups while constantly checking for potential issues.
- Scalability. Your corporate IT requirements will expand as the company grows. A more popular website will require greater bandwidth as traffic volumes increase, and a product database needs room to grow as extra goods and services are added to its inventory. Servers managed by third parties can be scaled up whenever needed – they won’t fill up, slow down or become less suitable.
- Expertise. Managed servers absolve you of any responsibility for supervising patches and updates. They’re managed by a team of skilled IT professionals, ready to offer real-time support and expertise. Because data centers are staffed 24/7, these in-house experts can respond proactively as issues like OS updates arise. The alternative can involve manually requesting help from outsourced troubleshooters, at exorbitant rates.
At Midphase, we’re very keen on shared servers as a solution for small and medium-sized businesses. We act as a single point of contact for all networking and server-based inquiries, with access to some of the best infrastructure in the business.
This article was brought to you by Midphase, for shared hosting, cloud servers and 24/7 support visit our site here www.midphase.com