April 2, 2014
Bored of Counting Sheep?
#teamnosleep is trending on twitter all over America right now, so Midphase thought we’d give nationwide insomniacs something to read while they’re wide awake…
- The longest anyone has ever gone without sleep is 18 days, 21 hours and 40 minutes.
- The average new parent loses around 500 hours of sleep because of their newborn baby.
- DreamOn is the name of the app that claims it can help you choose which type of dreams you want to have before you fall asleep.
- If you stay awake for 17 hours, your body starts to behave like it’s drunk. Your performance is impaired in basic tasks in a similar way to if you’d had a glass of wine.
- Taking 30 minutes of exercise every day can help you feel more awake during the day.
- It’s not true that all adults need 8 hours of sleep a night to be at their best. Sleep needs vary from person to person, some adults might need 9 or 10 others need far less.
- Bees aren’t always busy. They sleep like the rest of us – usually in the hive, but sometimes they just conk out on the petals of flowers.
- The tiny red standby button on your television can disrupt a sleep cycle.
- Body temperature is closely linked to the sleep/wake cycle.
- If you’ve not had enough sleep during a 5-day working week, alcohol will affect you more than normal. In fact, three drinks will have the same effect as six.
Popular This Week
April 2, 2014