- How do I transfer my website to Midphase?
- There are two main ways to migrate your website to Midphase. For more advanced users, it can either be done manually using an FTP application or, we offer a QuickSwitch service to new customers who would like assistance with migrating their website to their new web hosting account. For more info about QuickSwitch go to http://www.midphase.com/quickswitch/ or call our customer sales team on 1-866-643-7427.
- Regardless of the route taken, we highly recommend the first thing you do before migrating is backup all your existing data and download it to a safe location on your home computer.
- What is web hosting?
- Anything related to protecting and taking care the server—its software, security, support, bandwidth, speed and so much more—is what we do better than anyone else! Our promise is to take care of everything for you so you can concentrate on your business.
- Whether you’re building your website with our website builder, or paying someone to build it from scratch, you’ll be creating computer files. These files will be stored in a large server, similar to your computer, but with much more capacity and built very specifically for your website.
- Anything related to protecting and taking care the serve —its software, security, support, bandwidth, speed and so much more—is what we do better than anyone else! Our promise is to take care of everything for you so you can concentrate on your business.
- What is the difference between web hosting and a domain name?
- As mentioned above, web hosting is storage for your website, but you need a domain name for others to actually view your website. Your domain name (also called a URL or domain address) is your company’s Internet address; it’s the same way your company’s street address is used to find your office, a domain name is used to find your website. If you want more tips on how to choose the correct domain name, view our domain name registration page.
- Our website builder and web hosting packages include a free domain name, so getting your domain is an easy part of getting your website online with us. The website builder service is for people who want a professionally designed website, but aren’t comfortable using HTML or CSS, while the Web hosting packages (with cPanel), are ideal for customers familiar with these or have a website already built and ready to upload.
- Which plan should I choose?
- If you are going to sell online or want to have more than one website then choose the business plan. In the end, it also depends on what you want to do with your website. Check out the services page for more information, or call our customer sales team on 1-866-643-7427, who will be happy to help you choose the right plan.
- How can I build my website?
- The easiest way to build a website is through our website builder. It gives you all the tools you need to create a good looking site without needing years of experience and knowledge of code. Another good alternative is to use a content management system (CMS) like WordPress. WordPress is an easy to use application that is free to install through the Midphase control panel. Another popular alternative is our website design services where our professional design partner will create your site for you.
- How secure are my website files?
Although Fort Knox doesn’t do website hosting, we get as close as we can to ensure your website is hosted with Fort-like security. Gaining access to the location where your website files are hosted involves moving past data center campus police, regular 24x7 security staff, two-factor authentication including proximity readers and biometric access controls; in addition to moving past security cameras, CCTV and finally a locked cabinet.
SSAE 16, PCI and HIPAA compliance might not mean anything to you but simply the fact that our data center meets the requirements of banking, financial and government institutions says a lot, period.
- What do you do to keep my website online?
When it comes to your website, nothing matters more than reliability so we’ve built a platform guaranteed to keep your site up 99.9% of the time! We know, you’re wondering how that’s even possible.
Nothing gets past our large team of highly trained IT professionals who watch over your website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to the genius of our team, your website files sit inside a specially designed data center in Northern Utah; a certified disaster safe zone and a few miles from the National Security Administration’s Bumblehive data center.
Lastly, we keep backups of all your website files for up to 5 days just in case you need to restore your website to a previous version. Whether you made a mistake while playing with the code or you had a problem with a new update, our team can help.
- What is Unlimited Linux Website Hosting?
Our affordable website hosting plans are equipped with the open-source Linux operating system. Because Linux is open-source it's easy to maintain and complete frequent updates. This open-source operating system is not only reliable but allows us to provide you with a cheap Linux hosting solution that won't break your budget. While there are a variety of scripts, programming languages, and databases that can be used the most common are PHP, Perl, and MySQL, which are core features of any Linux website hosting plan.
If you are an end user, it doesn't matter what operating system you use on your desktop or laptop. Since your website is hosted on our server we will do all the maintenance work on the operating system to keep the server safe and secure. This level of detail is not something you can find with just any affordable hosting provider. Whether you are using our online website builder, a content management system (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla), or building your website from scratch you can have peace of mind knowing that your site is secure on one of our Linux shared hosting plans.
Our world-class Linux web hosting is backed by state of the art secure data center facilities. With the option to choose from either our personal shared hosting plan or our business web hosting plan you are sure to find the perfect plan to meet your needs.
Midphase hosting plans don’t have set limits on disk space and bandwidth, which allows you the flexibility you need to build a successful website and strong online presence. With a wide range of clients who have various needs we provide everything you need for a normal personal or business website.
With unlimited website hosting as a key feature it is still important for your site to operate within our terms of service by not placing disproportionate loads on the server and that you not use our servers for file storage. Most websites don’t use enough resources to show up on our radar but, as business goes, we all want to grow and succeed. If at any time you reach a point where your site has grown out of its server space, we will work with you to move your site to either a new cloud server or your own dedicated server, with plenty of room to take on all that growth.
If you are looking to sell web hosting services, be sure to check out our Linux reseller hosting plans.